Name: Andrew Gillman
Qualifications : Bachelor of Engineering – Civil QIT, 1981
Post Graduate Studies in Local Government Engineering, 1986
Registered General and House Builder 023021/GIH5 (not renewed) 1990/1991
Mobile : 0412 825 359
Email : email@example.com
Key Relevant Skills Summary…
Civil Engineer and Construction Manager with over 30 years experience in design, project management and construction management of small to large scale residential and infrastructure projects.
Australia and Asia experience – successfully delivered projects in Australia, Malaysia and Singapore for private sector and government clients.
Small through to large projects valued from $10m for a small marina project to much larger integrated residential developments and master planned communities of $30m – $400m.
Understand ‘hands on’ construction – being a qualified house and light
commercial builder I have personally build and overseen the construction of a number of home and associated infrastructure both for myself and clients.
Expertise in project management, design and construction management projects from inception through to completion across the following areas of expertise:
• Planning, master planning and approvals in complex and virtual teaming
• Design, tender, construction supervision and maintenance programs for a range of projects
• Infrastructure planning and design of essential services (residential and
• Masterplan investigations, studies and reports
Environmental management – flora and fauna
Traffic management, bulk earth works and geotechnical
Hydraulic – flood management
Hydro-geotechnical – subsurface geology and ground water
Landscape design and construction
• Preparation of budgets – for inclusion into the project cost control system
• Project programming and management – through design, approvals and
• Cost management during project execution utilising client cost control systems and software
• OH&S – formulating and administering safety plans to the highest standards
• Tendering – pre and post-tender negotiation
• Construction management including managing superintendents and contractors
• Reporting – cost reports, progress reports, risk registers and client reports
Lead design and construction teams requiring adapting to organisational needs within small teams to large corporations with a reputation for problem solving and improving commercial outcomes through innovation.
Building Contractor for high end residential homes and small commercial projects including architectural design, approvals, cost estimation and hands on construction for delivery under client budget expectations.
Take on new challenges and look to add value as part of a team environment – have a reputation for always looked for value through good engineering design, strong collaboration and project management that brings together multi- disciplinary professions.